Our approach to riding
In our lesson program we are not focused on one specific discipline or competition. Instead we put the emphasis on horsemanship & riding skills, skills that can be applied towards any direction a student chooses to take. There are so many ways to enjoy horseback riding and we do not want to limit our students in any way.
Our lessons include classical training; games; barrel racing/pole bending & obstacle courses and for the more advanced students we have dressage (western/English) or even show jumping (only beginner level).
Students are usually started out in a western saddle and have the option to switch to an English saddle.
We offer riding lessons for kids and adults.
The minimum age to start regular riding lessons is 6yrs.
For the age group 5-6yrs we have a junior class.
At this age most kids do not yet have the physical & mental ability to ride and control a horse on their own. The junior class is a 30-45 minute session in which we make the child comfortable on and around horses. It includes safety; saddling; grooming; "riding" and relaxation exercises. In this case "riding" means sitting on horse, which is led around by the instructor at a walk or trot/gait (depending on the child).
Individual and group lessons
Every student starts out with individual lessons, until ready to join a group (Junior classes are always done individually). The switch from individual to group will be made as soon the scheduling details can be worked out.
Group lessons have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 students. As much as possible students of similar age and riding experience are grouped together.
The price for group and individual lessons are the same. The duration is different:
- Individual is 1 hour (in this time we groom; saddle; ride and unsaddle).
- Group lesson - 1 hr and 30-45 min (groom; saddle; ride for about an hour and unsaddle).
The Season pass (13 lessons)
- 1 lesson per week for 13 weeks (= 3 Months).
The Summer season usually has less weeks/lessons, due to the ELC closing for 2 or 3 weeks during the year;
- Season passes are only sold/started specific weeks of the year, check our calendar for the start dates;
- Rescheduling is possible within same calendar week and in accordance with our cancellation/rescheduling policy;
- A missed lesson is a lost lesson.
The Season pass - gold package
- Pay for 10 and get 3 free;
- Full payment due at the time of signing up.
The Season pass - silver package
- Pay for 11 and get 2 free;
- 3 Payments - first payment due at the time of signing up; second on or before the 4th lesson; third on or before the 8th lesson.
Minors are required to wear an ASTM-SEI certified helmet! Students that do not have their own helmet can use one of our helmets for only $1 per lesson. We strongly recommend that adults wear proper protective headgear as well. However, adults (19+ years) have the option to refuse.
- ASTM-SEI certified helmet;
- Boots with a small heel, to prevent slipping through the stirrup;
- Blue jeans or breeches (riding in shorts can be very uncomfortable and is not recommended).
Lessons are scheduled:
Monday 3:30PM - 8:00PM
Tuesday 8:00AM - 8:00PM
Wednesday 3:30PM - 8:00PM
Thursday 3:30PM - 8:00PM
Friday 8:00AM - 8:00PM
Saturday 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Lessons are by appointment only.
Contact us for more information; prices and availability